1. Be realistic – if you are going into your senior year and no division 1 school has called, you are not going division 1
2. Go where you like the coaches and players – to many kids choose a school because they like the campus or the major, 80% of all kids change there major and you are going to be around the coaches and players, make sure you like them.
3. Distance – Do not let distance be a factor in your decision. Your family will always support you.
4. Prospect should ask coaches tough questions – graduation rates, do I have a chance to play, how do I fit in, when I finish playing how will our relationship help me get a job, etc.
5. Take as many visits as possible – Find out what you like and what you don’t like. When you leave a place look around and envision yourself being there.
6. Make sure you the prospect makes the decision – not a family member