Describe the qualities that your program is looking for in a potential student-athlete?
1) Ability to start at Brown and win the Ivy League Championship
2) Have a strong academic foundation with a challenging course load; and high SAT / ACT scores
3) Leader on the field, in the school and in the community. A Captain
4) From a family with strong core values, seen in him. First and foremost: hard work. Others: relentless, undeniable will, dedicated to a higher cause
5) Passion! Loves to compete! Loves the game!
Could you give an example of a current or former player who exceeded your expectations, highlighting the reasons that player excelled?
Brady Williams ’09. Upper Arlington, OH High School. As a freshman and sophomore, not really on opponent’s scouting reports. Absolutely committed to be being great. Did not take NYC internships. Instead, he focused on working at Summer lacrosse camps and playing. He had a stick in his hand constantly. Always came back after break in the best shape on the team. Ended up an Academic All-American and an impact Division One lacrosse player with an Ivy Title and an NCAA Tournament appearance.