Describe the qualities that your program is looking for in a potential student-athlete?
1. TEAM PLAYER: We are looking for athletes that are good team players. We work very hard on focusing on the team aspect of college gymnastics and not only looking out for our own interests, but also the interest of others.
2. HARD WORKER: College gymnastics is very hard work, so we are looking for athletes that are used to working hard in and out of practice.
3. ACADEMICS: Our gymnasts have an excellent GPA. Having good grades and working hard in school is very important to our program.
4. COACHABLE: Athletes that are coachable is very important. We are looking for athletes that are respectful and easy to coach. They are athletes that are looking to improve each year and don’t settle.
5. COMMUNITY SERVICE: We do several community service projects each year. Being selfless and thinking of the needs of others not only helps those we serve, but builds character in our team.
I am so blessed to coach my team as a whole. They are a wonderful group of woman who really care about their team and each other. They are respectful, hard working, and focused on our team goals.